AN ALTERNATIVE APPROACH
JPHC consistently stays below the state and national benchmark average for sending patients to the hospital and in turn avoids costly and debilitating hospitalizations. Patients benefit from the convenience of visiting care; they are treated in the privacy and security of their homes surrounded by the people and things they love. JPHC caregivers have one priority; results-focused, individualized treatment. You and your loved ones deserve it.
WHAT CARE DOES JPHC PROVIDE?
JPHC works with physicians to reduce the necessity of hospitalization or long-term care admissions. JPHC also works with hospital and nursing home discharge planners to ensure a smooth transition from the inpatient facility to the patient's home. Our goal is to implement the physician's plan of care quickly and seamlessly while providing the support services to reduce recovery time.
CRITERIA FOR MEDICARE COVERAGE
To be eligible to receive JPHC skilled home care services, patients must meet several criteria, including:
- The client must be confined to the home or place of residence (takes a taxing effort to leave the house; unable to leave home unassisted or without assistive device; leaves home on very infrequent times or short duration )
- The client must be under the care of a physician who establishes and reviews the Plan of Care.
- Services are reasonable and necessary where the patients are
- The client must need at least one of the following skilled services as certified by the physician:
- Intermittent skilled nursing
- Physical therapy
- Speech Language Pathology
- Continuing Occupational therapy if the prior need for skilled nursing, physical therapy, or speech therapy had been established in the current or prior certification period
- The services required or anticipated coverage needed must meet part-time or intermittent criteria.
- Physician orders must be present and signed specifying the medical treatments to be furnished, type, frequency, and duration of services to be provided.
- The client must be eligible for Medicare.